Eden Autism joins NJACP and other providers for Advocacy Day

On March 20, Eden Autism joined providers from across the state to advocate for Congress to invest in our community-based supports and services and ensure people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) have the necessary services to succeed. The event was organized by the NJ Association of Community Providers (NJACP) in an effort to secure funding for community services in the FY24 budget.

Eden staff and participants at the State House for Advocacy Day.

Individuals with disabilities, their families, and the staff who support them gathered at the Statehouse in Trenton to speak with legislators about the importance of increasing funding for the IDD community.

We join NJACP in urging the legislature to maintain the following provisions as the FY24 budget is considered: 

  • $41.7 million for a DSP wage increase
  • 3% across-the-board rate increase and an additional 2.5% for a total 5.5% increase through the legislature
  • 10% increase for housing vouchers

“We’re pleased to partner with NJACP and other providers in these important advocacy efforts, and we will continue to advocate for the IDD community as legislators finalize the FY24 budget,” said President & CEO Michael Decker.

We encourage you to join us in these important advocacy efforts. They make a difference in the services that individuals with autism rely on. If you would like to contact your legislator, you may do so here.