More than 1,100 runners and walkers came out to support Eden Autism’s mission at the 16th annual Eden Autism 5K & 1-Mile Fun Run/Walk. Together, we raised over $184,000 for children and adults with autism!
The 5K is our biggest annual fundraiser, and this year’s October 6 event was no exception. Thanks to our partnership with the Plainsboro Centennial Celebration, this year’s race featured performances by mr. Ray and the Infernos, food trucks, and family-friendly activities including bounce houses, face painting, and games and crafts.
Our 5K is so much more than just a race. It’s a celebration of our mission to help improve the lives of individuals with autism across the lifespan. From our runners and walkers to our volunteers and sponsors, the support we receive from the community leaves us overwhelmed with gratitude.
This year’s race featured speedy finishers, runners from multiple states, and generous donations. Here is a breakdown of the 2019 Eden Autism 5K & 1-Mile Fun Run/Walk by the numbers.
- 1,138 runners and walkers participated in this year’s event.
- More than 1,040 donations were made.
- 223 volunteers helped support the us before, during, and after the event.
- 66 teams participated in the race.
- $27,497.85, the total amount raised by Team Berkowsky, this year’s top fundraising team!
- 43 businesses sponsored this year’s race.
- 4 and 87, the ages of our youngest and oldest 5K finishers.
- 17:03.48, the time it took this year’s overall male winner to finish the 5K.
- 20:10.61, the time it took this year’s overall female winner to finish the 5K.
- 28, the number of door prizes.
- 313, the number of raffle tickets sold.
- People from 6 different states, including NJ, ran this year’s 5K.
- More than $184,000 was raised for children and adults with autism!
While the event may be over, we’re still fundraising to hit our $225,000 goal! Click here to donate to a team or share the link with friends and family.